Wednesday, April 15, 2015

MSJMCW Story

As Mission's much anticipated multicultural week drew near, I got excited to experience multiple cultures and eat different types of food. So far, I started out every morning this week by waking up early every morning to attend Tinikling practice to prepare for Friday's multicultural assembly. When lunch came around, I walked towards the horseshoe to visit the many booths set up by the clubs. I make an effort to try a different variety of delicious foods each day. Waiting in the heavily crowded lines is always rewarded by a savory food or drink. After getting my desired food, I sit on the grass in the horseshoe with my friends to enjoy my meal and talk about all the festivities of multicultural week. I finish the long lunch period by throwing away my trash and trotting towards my boring classes.

I find that each year, Leadership II tries to improve multicultural week by implementing new ideas to help improve each student's experience. This year, the new meal ticket system eliminates the need for handling cash during transactions. This seems have made buying foods and drinks a bit easier and efficient since money can be a hassle to count sometimes. Overall, I think that the organizers of multicultural week are doing an amazing job so far at overseeing all the events that are happening.

Since this is my third multicultural experience, I have become familiar with all the mechanics of multicultural week. Nevertheless, I still greatly enjoy everything that multicultural week has to offer.

2 comments:

  1. I love your story! I find it so interesting how Multicultural Week has evolved over the past couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting multicultural week!

    ReplyDelete